Monday, March 1, 2010

Steampunk fabric art


Steampunk fabric art, originally uploaded by nrillustration.

I recently blogged about the steampunk trend, which people are apparently pretty curious about based on the number of links the post got. To be honest I had imagined that steampunk was a tiny bit edgy, what with the slightly dark humor and ties to punk and gothic themes, but the trend seems to have a wider appeal than just disgruntled teens and sci-fi nerds.

Today I saw that the folks at Spoonflower (a company that prints customer designs on fabric) had run a contest based around the steampunk theme. Natalie Kelsey's winning entry is pictured above. I love her design and I also find it interesting that this was the theme for a contest at all. Her design is called "Charted Waters" and can be purchased here.

No comments:

Post a Comment