Friday, August 6, 2010

Pretty Portland


rose, originally uploaded by nrillustration.

I know I've been slacking on the blog posts, but for good reason... travel. This is a good reason for just about anything, actually. My first destination was the lovely Pacific NW where I saw lots of nice friends and family. (Hi friends and family!).

Two great stops during my visit were Portland's Japanese and Rose Gardens. Although I've never seen a garden in Japan to compare to, I can definitely say the garden in Portland is stunning. It looks like every inch of the landscape has been carefully planned, sculpted and cared for.

Next up was the Rose Garden, which is right next door. The entire garden was in bloom with more varieties of roses than I thought existed. Both are absolutely worth a visit if you're ever in Portland!

No comments:

Post a Comment