Friday, April 22, 2011

Open the Door

My latest home décor project involves finding old salvaged doors for a remodeling idea I have for my kitchen. (Hopefully my nice readers aren't tired of home improvement posts, since this will probably go on for a while). I typed in something like, "buy salvaged doors in portland" and ran across a fundraiser for The Rebuilding Center here. Their website tells me that "100% of proceeds from the sale of each door will create the opportunity to reduce waste and green house gas production and support more community building work in our neighborhoods."

Cool idea and some creative work that's worth checking out. Here are some of my favorites:



PJ Portlock, originally uploaded by Our United Villages.

Above door by PJ Portlock.



Rosa Ramirez, originally uploaded by Our United Villages.

Above door by Rosa Ramirez.



Garrett Price, originally uploaded by Our United Villages.

Above door by Garrett Price.

No comments:

Post a Comment