Monday, April 18, 2011

Pink Well Done

Despite the fact that I refuse to decorate my daughter's room in pink, I am not a pink-hater. Until recently, I'd spent most of my career designing prints for girls' clothes and have developed an eye-rolling annoyance with the over use of pink for girls. By itself pink is a fun color and I love it when it's used well. Here are some of my favorite pink rooms:


pink room 4, originally uploaded by nrillustration.

The peachy pink above mixed with neutrals is classy and warm. Photo from Katy Elliott.


pink room 5, originally uploaded by nrillustration.

Above is a living room designed by Steven Gambrel. I like the mix with green and light wood. Photo from Apartment Therapy.


pink room 3, originally uploaded by nrillustration.

Mixing red with pink is one of my favorite combos. It looks perfect in this Mexican-style room at Casa Puerta Roja.


pink room 2, originally uploaded by nrillustration.

This next room (above) is such a brave and bold color combo, you have to love it. Photo from Tudorks.


pink room 1, originally uploaded by nrillustration.

Another awesomely bold combo. The turq and pink contrast is so eye-catching, you almost miss the subtle variety of pink, red, purple and tangerine on the bed. Photo from Casa Pinka.

No comments:

Post a Comment