Sunday, December 11, 2011

Tangerine Tango


Tangerine Tango, originally uploaded by nrillustration.

Introducing Pantone's color choice for 2012: Tangerine Tango. Director Leatrice Eiseman's describes Tangerine Tango this way, “Reminiscent of the radiant shadings of a sunset, Tangerine Tango marries the vivaciousness and adrenaline rush of red with the friendliness and warmth of yellow, to form a high-visibility, magnetic hue that emanates heat and energy.” Sounds like a science experiment to me.

Take a look at Pantone's spring 2012 Color Report to see what they're predicting for color direction. Nanette Lepore (whose styles I love) says this about the palette, “We love the mix of hot neon colors with soft pastels, reminiscent of nature at its extremes: a powerful sunset, the ocean sparkling at dusk with flashes of lightning in the distance”.

1 comment:

  1. Great color, but it looks awful on me. This does not mean I have to paint my bathroom this color does it?

    ReplyDelete