Sunday, June 17, 2012

Snow White and the Huntsman Credits

I just saw Snow White and the Huntsman. The movie was good, especially some of the visuals and CGI work, but I was again struck by the closing credits. I've mentioned this about other movies before (like Rango) and I'm so glad that the folks who create cinematic magic are paying attention to this little detail. I don't suppose it's the kind of thing that brings in an extra million dollars in sales but it makes me happy so, hey, I vote that they keep up the good work.

The credits show a series of tight detail shots of things like bird wings, pieces of the costumes, armor, etc. It's almost abstract and really beautiful. The still shot (above) doesn't do it justice so you should 1) watch the sequence here and 2) while watching, click the  arrows on the lower right to make the video fill your screen (easier to see since the images are dark). Best would be to see it on the huge screen at the theater. Happy viewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment