Monday, January 20, 2014

Angles and Planes


Hey, I'm back! I took a hiatus from blogging for a while but look, here I am. Oh joy. What inspired me to post, you may wonder... I took a trip to the Portland Art Museum yesterday and discovered yet another Artist I admire. This painting, "The River" by C.S. Price, I found especially beautiful. The flat reproduction doesn't do it justice, you really have to see the thick paint strokes to appreciate it but, hey, this is the best I can do on a blog. I like his semi-abstract style and active paint strokes. Apparently C.S. Price used to make tiny models of his subjects (animals, houses, etc.) to get a feel for the angles and planes of each object before he would draw. His tiny models were also on display. Go see his work if you're in Portland!

No comments:

Post a Comment