Saturday, November 26, 2016

Hello, Christmas Bazaar!

Today I made my first real foray into selling at a craft show.  At the eleventh hour (I think it was last  Thursday) I decided to sign up for America's Largest Christmas Bazaar here in Portland.  I had one week to prep a booth and, oh, also get ready to host Thanksgiving.  Here are the pics from day one:


Here's what went wrong: 
1) wet paint on the display (I painted it two days ago but it's so humid from the rain it didn't dry!!) 
2) the sign was dropped in the rain as we unpacked the car and I had to re-work it as the show opened
3) I misread the paperwork and so we weren't able to set up until two hours before the show started
4) I ache from standing!!

Here's what went right:
1) great conversations with people who appreciated the workmanship and detail in the bags
2) the dude who gave me rum and coke on the sly after I had been standing for six hours (yes!)
3) awesome people watching
4) customers, hooray!!

All-in-all it was a great first day.  Even what went wrong feels good once you're on the other side of it (I think that paint must be dry by now).  I have another five days to go and will need a massage at the end but I'm especially enjoying the conversations with customers — feedback is priceless.  Cheers to another good day and more selling tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like things are going well. I like the looks of your booth.

    ReplyDelete