Tuesday, December 6, 2016

What I Learned...

Hooray, my first retail show is over!  It was six days of standing, smiling and hoping to connect with anyone who walked by.  Before the show I was just nervous that I wouldn't break even but I did much more than that (!!!).  Totally exhausting but many bags found new owners and I learned a TON.  


Here are some things I learned:
1) Tiny tweaks to the display make a BIG difference!  That little sign "Great for commuters, students... etc." totally sparked ideas.
2) People responded enthusiastically to the quality and design details — this was totally gratifying.  
3) There's something in the air.  One day (and only on that day) five people asked if the pen holders were for bullets.  The next day (only on that day) four people asked if it was a makeup bag.  One day I sold a ton of DeLoverly (the red one), the next day I sold everything but DeLoverly.  So strange.

I could go on and on.  I'm still processing it all and sorting out next steps.  NokHoo is headed to a wholesale show in Seattle in January so I'll be applying what I've learned there for sure.  Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful article and way of representing the concept is awesome..
    .. Marine Engineering in Chennai, BSC Nautical Science Colleges

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to thank you for this informative read.. I actually realise for sharing this great post.Old Age Home in Coimbatore, Charitable Trust in Coimbatore

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow extraordinary and wonderful post....this post is very impressive..keep posting like this in our blog..thank you for this post and keep it up...Highway Restaurant in Thanjavur

    ReplyDelete