Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Romantic Landscape


Pic from Gray Magazine with painting in background

Romantic Landscape by Hans Schiebold

Today I picked up a copy of Gray Magazine, which features Pacific NW design. One of the photos (top pic)  includes a gorgeous landscape in the background so I set about tracking down the artist. This talented fellow is Hans Schiebold, a wonderfully talented painter living in Oregon (of course). Schiebold uses thick acrylic paint to create large-scale landscape paintings. I love the texture and the way he uses color. I'm so glad he lives nearby so I can see his work in person!

2 comments:

  1. Let me know when he has a show. I would like to see his work in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would, too. I think he has ongoing collections in some galleries in PDX and the coast.

    ReplyDelete